Tuesday, December 14, 2004

The McSweeney's Saga Is Cancelled!!

Shocking! Even with two new episodes already in the can.

But my programming department (a hazy and underworked part of my brain) has determined that the main characters of the show, "The Dave" and "The Witch Woman" (Vendela Vida) weren't compelling enough to keep it going. Plots were scarce. Even Special Guest Star Jonathan "The Librarian" Franzen didn't help.

Mid-season replacement starting this Friday or next will be "The Goodfather: The Mini-Series." This is the saga of Hiram F. Moody III (inept son of Don Moody) and his gradual maturation into a greedy and morally bankrupt ruthless person as he fights a certain Don Eggers for control of the lit-world.

As no episodes of "The Goodfather" are yet written (the cancellation was a hasty decision), I'll be interchanging episodes as I prepare them with excerpts from the infamous killed Atlantic article about Dave Eggers. (I hope to retain some of the Eggers Cult as readers.) I still also have the two unseen "McSweeney's Saga" chapters to play with. (But let's face it: After awhile too much McSweeney's gets sickening.)

No comments: